Sunday, June 17, 2012

Thank goodness there's no missing the train in Niles MI.

Img_20120617_150943

Niles and South Bend are rail station towns for Amtrak. The Wolverine and the Blue Water service run through Niles. The Cardinal and the Lakeshore Limited pass through Niles. Why there is no bus connection between Niles and South Bend is a question to me. I ran up a sixty-dollar cab tab to go round trip between South Bend and Niles, only twenty miles round trip. Now I cooling my heels at the Phoenix Center bus stop, waiting for the 8:40 PM run of the 450. Amtrak delivered me to the Pontiac Station at 7:50, causing me to miss the 7:40 run. I also missed a Greyhound run that left the Pontiac station just as the Wolverine pulled up. When a guy has to get home to Muskegon, it's better to be rolling than waiting.

No comments: