Friday, December 28, 2012

Happy Holidays from the @PureMichigan Muskegon Area Transit System, and I am on my way to Detroit, points easterly.

Img_20121228_141858

We have enough snow to keep the pavement wet and not enough cold to freeze the water. The roadway must be salted. Fluffies, like flurries, fall in a persistent shower. No wind gives them an edge or a reason to drift. Street here in Muskegon Heights has a full coating of snow. I like the Getty Wood, or the Get Wood as it is sometimes announced, better than I like the Sixth. The Getty Wood passes through the cemeteries, goes downtown, reaches the community college and even has a stop near the Bob Hi bowling alley and the Getty Four Drive In Movie. I am pretty determined to write a movie about my life in Muskegon called Gettywood.

A mother and her two children are taking a freshly baked, and frosted, carrot cake to their eighty eight year old grandmother. I have enjoyed picking out groups using the MATS buses. I buttonholed a pair of young folks wearing backpacks, and these backpackers lived in Muskegon proper. I was hoping to hear stories of distant lands and trials on the roads. On the Lakeshore! Harvey! run, a young woman and her partner lovingly carried off a baby snuggled up in a car seat basket. The driver gave them all the time in the world.

I am pulling up to the main bus stop where I will buy a Greyhound ticket just as far as Grand Rapids. Then I have to decide on strategy.

No comments: