Thursday, February 6, 2020

Wilbo Loses Ten Pounds on a Vegan Diet and Begins to Look at Meat Dishes Askance

February 6th, 2020 @ 8:00 AM
Dryades Market
New Orleans, Louisiana

Rain falls again and sandbags stand in doorways once more. I looked at the radar and a parade of rain clouds were lined up to march over the city. The rain parade should be passed over by Nine. The next four days, including the weekend, should be sunny and warm. To be frank, I've enjoyed the rain. I've always enjoyed the rain. The sun brings glare and heat. Maybe I should move to foggy old Britain?

I weighed myself on Tuesday and I was happy to note a loss of eleven pounds. I was surprised that my weight was so high when I weighed in at the beginning of the arthritis study. I had cycled pretty extensively all summer and I didn't see a dent in my weight. But moving away from an animal based diet has made the dent.

I would hope that a loss of forty pounds would be possible in four months time because that would put me at my running weight. Maybe my blood pressure issue would correct itself too. I have heard cases of people with bypass surgery recovering their cardiovascular health totally by eating a plant based diet. I'm still taking my meds, so I'll do nothing without the advice of a doctor. One prescription less for the month would be welcome.

I am looking at chicken, ham, sausage and steak with a different eye. I am looking at it strangely. I look at it as if it were wood, food of a sort, but just the same as eating a pine two by four. Maybe a beaver was made to consume wood, but I wasn't. And maybe my body wasn’t made to eat the flesh of animals or drink the milk of animals.  I have to think about my metaphor. Beavers are just interested in the tender, new layers of a twig or branch. Termites, however, are all about consuming wood. Termites are not as cute and as interesting as beavers.

I found a granola cereal this morning that claimed to be vegan on the box. I read the ingredients. I typed in the name of the cereal to get the opinion of the vegan blogs on the claim. I am no longer playing with my food, but I am studying it ever so closely.

#Vegan
#Beavers
#Arthritis
#Termites
#WeightLoss
#Meds
#NewOrleans
#PlantBasedDiet

No comments: