Monday, June 1, 2020

Can't Get Enough of the #RideSharePoems? Here's A Complete Set of Poems Written to Lyft and Uber Drivers

Jeffrey and I were soujorning far on safari. So we paused to buy him, #Uber driver, an Audi. I racked up a fine fare pursuing a scavenger hunt. Trees with peaches, apples, fruit were drooping in the sun. We cornered the farmer's market for sweet just picked corn. We sang salutations to water lotuses, blossoming this morn. 

Thank you,  Joseph, for your service this Memorial Day. That Airborne Cap worn proudly said all you had to say. How many friends and foes did your field medicine save? Under fire in a foreign land, you were compassionate and brave.

Alaa, my comfort paramount, you even pulled out my armrest, which revealed a cup holder for water to slake my thirst. I stared out the window, as happy as a hotel guest. I caught some rest like a bird in a nest as we headed east.

Carlos, he's with the infantry, but he gets his weekends free, so he explores Upstate New York, transporting we civilians for a fee. We took a detour along Lake Onondaga, really an educational spree. We shot the breeze as we pleased, a perfect buddy movie.

Patrick, Freddy Mercury deserves a ginormous hooray For composing a rhaspody sung outloudly by guys, sis or gay. "Such the unifying anthem", a tune for either Waynes and Garths. Drive your Toyota proudly blasting it loudly, all around the Earth.

Sandy, I think your turn by turn lady guided you in Portuguese.  You picked me up in Irondequoit, a land of inland sea and trees. We listened to Jackson Browne and Jethro Tull, the radio stuck on Seventies memes. We didn't have much to say. The ride proceeded like a musical dream.

Cheriyan, you could lift my bagged up burdens with a single hand. Car doors opened wide, open sesame, upon demand. Your Honda Odyssey could carry a six piece jazz band and instruments too, to concert halls, small, bigger and grand.

Ryan, I'm glad your family and you have put down roots inside the Hudson Valley, one of the most splendid landscapes ever plotted by Rand McNally. This weekend you shuttled brides and grooms to farm house hootenannys. I hope you live many years, years beyond tally, in this valley of plenty.

John, late night driving Don, I have not left the village since brought home, Sunday at One. You made it easy to indulge in late night fun. You gave me a safe passage home when my mischief was done. @ HiLo Catskill

Mahmoud,  we were stuck in traffic, car idling and still.  So you did a you-eee to save barrels and barrels of imported oil. We discovered a sweet, wide, and open road to a freeway ramp. Even better, we drove by peepers peep peep peeping in a springtime swamp!

Ridge, the app said you had mastered four languages, and yet we drove in silencio and listened to jazz. So instead of filling a picnic basket full of word sandwiches, we went forth through the twilight, sans .... razmatazz.

Shawn, I loved your lecture on aesthetics as you drove me home from an art show. Your open mindedness is much to your credit, seeing the miracle of art in the great works and the low.

Debashis, you rate as a total Late Night Hero. After four hours on the train, I was sure I looked a weirdo. I look neater now. I shaved the beardo. I hope this Uber driving makes you lots of dough.

Frank, you got me here to there. I rode safely and almost bored. Side chatter isn't your strong suit. Whatever your quiet thoughts, I hope those thoughts bear fruit.

Omar, you arrived dressed in a black cap and a cammie coat. You wore the garments correctly, so the outfit seemed bespoke. Your date tonight will soon arrive from Ontario, oh you lucky bloke. Thank you for a lift to the art musee. I'm really glad we spoke.

We discovered a cider mill haunted by a witch who throws hard candy at the kids, ouch! We didn't stop for cider, a fresh pressed batch. Return soon for a pumpkin,  plucked from the patch.  

Two wheels for a Harley and eighteen wheels on a Peterbilt, Yet this morning, you drove a four wheeled automobile. One wheel for unicycles and no wheels to help a hiker in a kilt. I listened to your spiel; I admired your hands on skills. A thousand wheels on a train and two wings on a plane, I had time to pick your brain; hope to ride with you again. 

You really want to ride in Lisa's Kia, lit up bright. You'll say, "Mama Mia"! What really makes the ride so cool, so fab? The interior light effects, just like Cash Cab. 

Karl, take up your guitar and busk. Drive a few rideshare runs if you must. Find a farmer's market, pluck those strings 'til dusk. Buskers never starve. Don't rust. 
Mural painted on the walls of Market Diner, Regional Market, Syracuse. @ Fayetteville Farmers Market CNY

Hi ho Hi ho hello, Ron found a city amidst the silos. Empty concrete tubes in rows are neato, visible if you fly low.   @ Duende at Silo City

Thank you Thomas for bringing back my phone. Even kinder, you brought it to my home. I'll  be more careful when I take another ride. I'll keep my cell phone always by my side.



When it's time for a little wander, page Eugene and his Jeep Commander. Eugene's on call before the break of dawn. Always alert on the wheel,  Eugene never yawns.

John and I talked history as we crossed the feeder canal. You kept up your part: you were never banal. In South Carolina, a plantation fed America with bountiful rice. Now a museum, I hope you visit a second time, twice.

Take off a cookbook that you trust, make a meal for queens from a chicken breast. As cooking should be your second career, spice dinner from a kitchen garden, thyme and lavender.

Sweet low, sweet Cheriyan, coming for to carry me home. Played low, the radio, softly singing Demi Lovato. 

Riding with Dwayne is safe and fun. Straight to my stop like a Hole in One. Great day to talk Golf with a big time Pro. Become an Insta star & golf yourself a show. 

Happy Thanksgiving wishes to your family and you, Macklin. Let Uber know Schenectady Station is now officially OPEN. I am happy to see as you drive today you won't be lonely. We have to teach our children how to make the money. 

Give the driver named Terrance a six figure paid in gold advance. He drove a car that felt like pure elegance; and he drove it keenly, guided by a sixth or seventh sense. 

You drove up smoothly, smoothly like a barracuda. I arrived at Nirvana, found satori, driven there by Buddha. I bought three cheeses at the mart, brie and blue and gouda. For the picnic out at Camptown Races, doodah, doodah, doodah.

Alden cruised on up in a black Crown Victoria with its trunk as mammoth as the Waldorf Astoria. While on Maundy Tuesday choirs sang "Gloria, Gloria, Gloria", you brought me home with groceries from Trader Joe's emporia.

I love how you get around. Nothing but nothing slows Stanley down. Thanks for the ride across town. You can be my wheels even though you're wheelchair bound. 

Thank you for turning off the music, letting me sleep. I arrived home late, the beginning of the week. I snored in your back seat, a tired bum in a heap. Until you brought me to my home, my street. 

Shanickqa, you delivered the news flash of a rail car detached from a train upon the Hudson's Shore. Passengers are rescued; now the story is lore. 

Camilla's Nana wrote six novelas, most hidden where no one can tell ya. But make the search a family drama. Redeem the literary rep of your dear Grandma. Writing is passed down from parent to child. When a family muse whispers, let it speak wild. 

Michael, that quick pickup saved my day. You saved my job, my pay, hurrah, hooray. I made my meeting at the stroke of Eight AM. You really are a ruby, a diamond, a pearl, a gem.

Loved the Hello Kitty mats for my keeping my booties from dripping salty rain waters and muddies inside your sedan so lovely, what a beauty. Late night hero,  you have done well your duty! 

Shanickqa, you delivered the news flash of a rail car detached from a train upon the Hudson's Shore. Passengers are rescued; now the story is lore. 

We drove up a two hundred foot hill, so thanks for a Sunday November thrill. I hope I did not appall when I said, "You remind one of Annie Hall". Riding in a rideshare means no regrets. Thank you for conveyance, fare thee well, Margaret. 

You drove forward a Ford Focus, mindfully and quietly like Zen. No bottle water offered, no loud musical hocus. We arrived in Chittenango, two silent men.

Alaa, my comfort paramount, you even pulled out my armrest, which revealed a cup holder for water to slake my thirst. I stared out the window, as happy as a hotel guest. I caught some rest like a bird in a nest as we headed east.

George knows Malta village well, so he knows what may befall a pair of fast snowmobiles on thin Lake Saratoga ice. Massive fail. He watched the sledders plummet. Took days to spot those men from Vermont. 

Congrats, Maxwell, on busting loose from Gotham. Now sell Upstate Houses at prices low, rock bottom. Aren't you glad you tried this experiment? Four times the home costs one half the rent. 

Krista drives a few around when she is free from training hounds. Her skills in obedience are quite profound. I was a more polite man when we reached downtown. 

Camera buff, preserve the subcultures in those rathskellers you hawk like a vulture. Beg, finagle or borrow a camera until your business matures. Be ready when you go down down down the stairs. Bring camera, flash and rescue flares. 

Oh my goodness, the brewery closed shut and Colden Street was as dead as Funky King Tut. Thanks for pulling my Monday Funday out of a deep, deep rut. You found the Ribworks, Riverfront, a wide deck and a Tiki hut.

The rideshare app was at Sixes and Sevens. You found us at the Church of the Brethren. We found Shakespeare by the Reflecting Pool Spa. Now I'm Shipwrecked, Tempest Tossed. Thank Ya! 

Thanks for the psychedelic trip. Chatting on topics cool and hip, we took off from the strip, a Twenty-First Century #JeffersonStarship, 

Chomsky is her komradski, so she has podcasts to last if she drives until three. She drives Uber so she can think free.

Hi ho Hi ho hello, Ron found a city amidst the silos. Empty concrete tubes in rows are neato, visible if you fly low. 

A Prius that never stops has priapus, and you drive your Prius like a bus. But when in Toyota you put you trust, you'll keep rolling in a car, little rust, 

Give the driver named Terrance a six figure paid in gold advance. He drove a car that felt like pure elegance; and he drove it keenly, guided by a sixth or seventh sense. 

Thank you Jorge for a ride in your air conditioned car. I loved how the salsa music sounded, lively and pure. So hot outside today; I could smell asphalt sweating beads of tar. We kept our cools, no sweating fools, two cruising players.

Sirajuddin, I would never give any driver a bad rating. But you couldn't find me at the Landing Hotel, waiting. Then, you dropped me off half a block from the pub, somewhat grating. But I must practice patience and gratitude, so I'll be tipping, placating.

 
A Man Vacuuming the Interior of An Automobile with an Elektron Vacuum Cleaner in the Netherlands, 1916
By Cornelis Johan Hofker (1886-1936)

No comments: