Thursday, December 9, 2021

Collect the First NFT in the Collection of Wilbo the Tourist

This photograph represents a non-fungible token now for sale for 0.0238 Ethereum, a few pennies more than one hundred dollars. I minted the NFT for free using a new bitcoin that allows free minting. The NFT is the first in a series called The Travel Photographs of Wilbo the Tourist. I've toured all over, and it's fun to share the photographs, thanks to Open Seas. Will the NFT sell for 0.0238 Ethereum? I don't know. I do know that minting it didn't cost me 250 dollars in GAS fees. Minting cost me nothing, a new development. I owe 2.5 percent to Open Seas when and if it does sell. It's up for sale for six months. I am a professional programmer and business analyst, and it took me three days of hacking to reach this point. I had to set up a bitcoin account. Then, I had to move real money into it. Then I had to set up a bitcoin wallet. Then I had to connect the bitcoin wallet to my bitcoin account. Then I had to connect my bitcoin wallet to my OpenSeas account. But I love to hack, so who cares. My blockchain wallet awaits to collect the proceeds. Let's be clear about what I am selling. I'm selling merely a digital right to the photograph, not the right to the photograph. I can still sell prints of the photograph. Plus, I've contracted to receive 2.5 percent of every sale of this NFT forever and ever. That's a long time. Like all works of art, every NFT has an market stretching out to eternity. Call it the long tail. The blockchain keeps track of the provenance. I increase my chances of a sale by posting the Open Sea link everywhere. So, how do we guide the Starved Rock Art Community into a safe space where an experiment in NFT minting can be done? Imagine a gallery show. All the real works of art hang on the wall. All the show cards tell how to buy the NFT online. Which will fetch a higher price. Call it the "NFT Show"? This show will come with a short course in how to mint an NFT and set up all the wallets and accounts. I think a curator will be responsible for the technological stuff. This curator would be entrusted with the wallet for the show. I've already asked a few noted artists if they're interested, especially artists who already output first to digital. Digital Pony Guards Entrance of Museum of Science and Technology - Syracuse NY #bitcoin #business #community #art

No comments: