Sunday, September 18, 2011

I didn't stop at Barn Sale for merchandise but for country insight. Mile 13831, Shiawassee County MI.

Img_20110918_131347

There's an old motor boat for sale for three grand. Where could one water test it. Banjo for sale stood at 350 firm. A collection of painted horses from the Trail of Painted Ponies was talked up by the owner. Not sure anyone is going to pay more for hand painting or discontinued edition. She'll do better on EBay. I think this is someone who owned a bar and had some connection to the adult entertainment industry. Trying to sell a pack of Camel cigarettes for 15 dollars might show chutzpah, even if it's a 75th Anniversary pack. Or did I see price tag of 75? It's a pole barn, not a real wood barn, too. A grass landing strip is maintained across the way. I missed the sign so I had to turn around a comeback. The house is a nice log cabin though. She apologized for my inconvenience when I suggested a bigger sign and a sign further up the road. She might do that next time. It's last day of sale and it was successful enough.

No comments: