Saturday, September 24, 2011

Merindorf Meats in Williamston MI doesn't serve Wolverine. Mile 11703.

Img_20110924_155621

Wolverine is an endangered species and the wolverine is extirpated in Michigan. Williamston is between Lansing and Brighton and the meat department even stocks sushi grade tuna and smoked salmon. The salmon is over ten dollars for under a pound so I passed. I see a Buck pole awaiting the rites of November 14. The deer processors probably pick up deer and deliver wrapped venison at this point. My father really liked smoked meat, jerky and hard sausages. I could always give him a little happiness for television time by dropping off a good salami. He would cut it thin and eat slices on Ritz crackers while watching satellite television. When I lived in Texas, I always enjoyed the dry barbecue famous there. Dad always said he wanted to try it. He watched a program on the food channel on the painstaking cooking process. Remember one pay day I was feeling flush, and I almost shipped him one, but I bailed on the considerable expense. It's not the only time I held back on giving him joy, and I do remember him loving a plate of ribs zip treated him to at Janelle's. He took half of the bones home, covered with meat and fat and sauce. Why am I here? At the Williamston Exit, cars started to back up on east bound I 96. So I'll take Grand River to M-59. Slower, but easier.

No comments: