Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I have returned to my @Moleskine journal. La Tapatio. Muskegon MI.

Img_20120307_123456

I really loved keeping notes on my smartphone, sending my comments to public or private forums with a touch of a button. First, I hate that my journal is a physical object, subject to the laws of gravity and material. In other words, it can be lost. My online writings have some assurance of winding up on a server somewhere. My books become garbage the second a person who doesn't understand journaling pitches them in garbage. I understand people who maintain libraries buy these books for their collections, the crazier the better. I even saw two guys in a Royal Oak coffee shop writing these mad books with an eye to selling them. I would like my daughter to donate my moleskines to Michigan State's archives, who might not find value in them. I hope their status as digital convergence artifacts protect them.

I hold back from this blog. The notebooks are honored with the raw cut.

No comments: