Sunday, March 11, 2012

TC's Diner on Henry has the following phone number: 232-755-0255

Img_20120311_224222

People ask for the phone number when I come out to visit a new restaurant, so I am making sure I have that covered. Three surprises to add. First, the pie is made in house by a baker who comes in special to make them. Tonight, I had banana creme pie, and I'm looking for sweet potato pie, served in quarters. Second, coffee added to a meal cost fifty cents, a real tribute to the golden days of the diner. It's 1.49 a cup without a food order, fifty cents less the the Rendezvous of Grand Haven, the 24 hour diner competition. Third, the music arrives not by satellite and Pandora but pulled down from the airwaves by a Montgomery Ward Airline Stereo, turntable, radio and eight track player packed together. I haven't heard a single commercial on Rock and Soul MTEC106.

Sadly, my fried chicken breast had an ice cold heart, although the piece was cooked all the way through. It's a new place, so I happily cut them some slack. No credit card machine awaits your plastic, but that will be a matter of time.

No comments: