Friday, September 23, 2011

I wanted to post a picture of sculpture honoring Herman Ivory, MATS Terminal

Img_20110923_065205

I glanced about and didn't see the sculpture honoring Ivory's contributions. I'll come back soon since it's the only Muskegon sculpture I haven't noticed. So I am posting a picture of dawn rising above the Indian Cemetary. I read in the Muskegon Chronicle that the Lakeshore Museum had Native American remains in the collection. The article gave the impression that the remains were interred into this ceremonial grounds, with the museum staff and Tribal representatives present. I went to see the grounds days after and I saw no broken ground, not a disturbance in the rather thick and lush grass. It makes one wonder what really happened at the ceremony and the remains.

No comments: