Friday, September 23, 2011

Take Airport to the Sixth to the Lakeshore ... Muskegon bus takes hour to go five miles.

Img_20110923_073145

If I could be at Walmart three minutes from now, I could catch the Henry bus to the corner of Norton + McCracken, putting me within a short walk of arriving to work on time. I'll need the Lakeshore, which the Sixth connects to near the Indian Cemetary and the erstwhile Muskegon Athletic Club. Oddly enough, Admirroration was running ads for MAC on mirror in the @PintsQuarts men's loo. So not only am I going five miles north of work, I will arrive at my office fifteen minutes late. Not that I punch a clock or anyone expects me until a wee past the hour. We have an unofficial flex time policy, it seems. Although those weeks when I manage the break fix, getting there by Seven is preferable. I know when all office workers and engineering staff pass through the US-31 bottleneck so I could catch a lift or carpool. The corner of Airport and Grand Haven has Goober's doughnuts, Mr Quick's, Subway and Jack's BP. If one can't hook up a ride at that corner, one has no Charisma. Here's the Frauenthal, so it is almost time to catch Lakeshore bus at the Herman Ivory Mats Bus Terminal.

No comments: