Saturday, September 17, 2011

Larkin's in Lowell MI celebrates St. Patrick's in September. Mile 13730

Img_20110917_234924

So I was cruising along looking for a likely spot to stop and Larkin's looked likely. When I opened my car door, I knew I had hit the Jackpot because the pub's door was opening a beautiful Irish lyrics were audible on the cold night's air. It was friendly like the welcome one gets the first time at Fenian's. A woman gave me a hug and a cheek kiss because she liked me tweedy Irish cap from Donegal. Her husband, a giant of a man, declined my offer of this cap. Really, he stood well over six foot and was three feet broad at the shoulders. I met another woman, a truly lovely colleen, and she introduced me around, including to Mr. Larkin, dressed in his Notre Dame cardy and tweed cap. Her husband sang with Twice Since Yesterday, who performed the gig with Brenda, a chanteuse from the local band, Dublin Two. As luck would have it, I got to hear the last half of their final song. But it was enough with their welcome to warm my heart. As I press on towards Owosso, I must be careful for the skunk are running. I almost plowed one on the western edge of Ada.

No comments: