Thursday, October 6, 2011

When it's got to be Bad Azz, call Bad Azz DJ's. Muskegon MI. Mile 12319.

Img_20111006_211857

Comparisons are odious. So if I compared the show at the Clover Bar, Bad Azz Dj's, to the performance of the Mainz Boys Cathedral Choir, that would be odious. On the other hand, I feel really odious tonight and, to allude to a commercial, I got a good clean feeling while beholding the choral wonder of these young men from Mainz. Ah, the disc jockey might enchant me into a reverie, as I gaze upon a sea of ... women engaged in tail feather vibrations ... I feel vulgar after that extraordinary concert of sacred musical writing the words, "booty shaking".  Down the street from the Congregational Church, the Junior Varsity Big Reds engaged a football team from West Ottawa. So while I listened to the closest experience to angelic song available to me without visiting the Vatican for a church service, boys of about the same age where rutting helmet to helmet on the gridiron. Which event carried greater social importance? Comparisons are odious. Here's an obvious comparison for me, and I ponder it even for its odious nature. The young men facing off on the field and the young men standing before the audience gathered as a congregation serve on the front line of mankind and I will spend the remainder of my life as a rear guard at best and a protected citizen in all other cases. Or do I have the power within me to protect and lead them. Maybe if I energize myself with skill and wisdom.

No comments: